At Panther Sports Medicine, we offer a myriad of massage therapy services in Calgary. Our collection of 10 centres situated throughout the city provides a vast array of solutions and services to assist you with revitalizing and optimizing your health and physical abilities.
Our mission is simple; we aim to give all of our patients excellent, customized therapeutic health and physical treatment in a caring environment.
So if you’re in need of a physiotherapy clinic in Calgary, be sure to contact us to learn more.
Our 10 Calgary locations are as follows:
- Country Hills, 403-226-5733 11950 Country Village Link NE, Calgary, AB
- Oakridge, 403-258-2659, 10003 - 24th Street SW, Calgary, AB
- Cranston Market, 403-455-1888, 2010, 356 Cranston Road SE, Calgary, AB
- Trico Centre, 403-278-5311, 11150 Bonaventure Drive SE, Calgary, AB
- Seton, 403-764-6337, 4995 Market Street SE, Calgary, AB
- Deer Valley, 403-475-1755, Suite 102, 83 Deerpoint Rd. SE, Calgary, AB
- Marlborough Mall, 403-272-4202, 425 Marlborough Way NE, Calgary, AB
- South Fish Creek, 403-225-0210, 333 Shawville Blvd SE, Calgary, AB
- McKenzie Towne, 403-257-6238, 75 High Street SE, Calgary, AB
- Walden, 587-356-4327, 130, 19606 Walden Blvd SE, Calgary, AB
Massage Therapy Services
At Panther Sports Medicine, we offer a plethora of therapy services in Calgary. Our team of experts share the same goal of helping our patients live a happy and healthy lifestyle with as little pain and discomfort as possible.
Here is a list of the therapy services that Panther Sports Medicine offers:
- Physiotherapy - Also known as physical therapy, this form of treatment is used to encourage and promote physical wellness via physical assessments. Panther Sports Medicine’s team of physical therapists are passionate and licensed, which is representative of their desire to help others with their physical ailments.
- Sports Therapy - Sports therapy helps prevent injury, assess existing injuries, and treat injuries using manual therapy techniques.|
- Acupuncture - Better known as a contemporary healing modality, acupuncture is an amazing inclusion to other treatment methods. Moreover, acupuncture loosens the muscles, which helps strengthen other therapies.
- Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS) - Going through pain but you’re unsure of what the source of it is? The solution to this question could very well be intramuscular stimulation (IMS). IMS is, simply put, the usage of needles usually connected to acupuncture. The needles desensitize the inflicted region and relax muscle contractions.
- Shockwave therapy - Shockwave therapy can help relieve pain and speed up the healing process of bones as well as tissue – and this is done without the use of medications or even therapeutic exercises – and sometimes, in about 5 minutes time.
- Temporomandibular (Jaw) Joint - TMJ - If eating has become difficult or even unbearable, it might be because of Temporomandibular (Jaw) Joint disorder. To remedy this, our professional and seasoned physiotherapists at Panther Sports Medicine can install what is referred to as a bite plate. This contraption separates your lower jaw from your upper jaw, stopping you from grinding your teeth.
- Sports Medicine - If you enjoy physical activity and being active, then you understand the frustration that injuries can bring. At Panther Sports Medicine, we give you the right information and therapy so that you’re able to maintain not only your active lifestyle but also optimum performance.
- Braces, Orthotics & Health Products - A brace can assist with supplying extra support to your body, particularly for an injury or a bad sprain. There are custom-made as well as over-the-counter braces, these will balance out your joints such as your back, knees, ankles, and tennis elbow. We also offer orthotic braces for your feet, lumbar rolls, therapy balls, and ice packs.
What is Massage Therapy?
In its basic form, massage therapy is body tissue being manipulated and influenced with elbows, knees, hands, fingers, devices, etc, to relieve tension and stress. The main objective of massage therapy is to alleviate the body of pain, stiffness, and stresses that have accumulated over time due to the pressures of life, over-exertion in physical activities, and emotional tension.
Massage therapy has the power to:
- Improve relaxation
- Enhance posture and body language
- Reduce blood pressure
- Help with flexibility
- Lower stress levels
Symptoms That Require Massage Therapy
There are many signs to be on the lookout for that may indicate you should consider massage therapy. These are things you don’t typically take note of until a substantial build-up has occurred. However, the earlier you can catch these symptoms, the better.
Here is a list of symptoms to be aware of:
- Chronic headaches
- Soreness throughout your body (arms, elbows, knees, back, shoulders, etc)
- Clenching and grinding of teeth
- Problems with circulation
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Excessive tension, stress, or pressure
- Muscle fatigue
How Does Massage Therapy Work?
Massage therapy calms and eases muscle tension within the soft tissue. As a result, this minimizes cramps and contractions. Additionally, massage therapy also has the added benefit of lowering nerve stiffness.
By touching the skin softly and using pressure on certain muscle groups, relaxation ensues within those areas of the body. Tendons, ligaments, tissues, muscle fibres all begin to relax and loosen up.
This process allows your body to return to a more relaxed and peaceful state, as all that muscle tension has been dropped from your system.
How Soon Can You Expect to See Results?
There is no tried and true answer to this as every person is different. People have accumulated different levels of stress, are dealing with different amounts of pressure, and are only able to see a massage therapist a certain number of times.
You will notice results right away, usually after your first or second session. However, unless you continue going regularly, those results will taper off.
We appreciate your interest in Panther Sports Medicine, and we invite you to take the leap to good health and learn more about our company and how we can help improve your health. We have 10 convenient locations in Calgary. Find a location near you and book an appointment with us.