Many people seek out medical help when they are in pain. But often times, the cause of their pain can vary. Some people have been in a car accident, some people have a sports related injury, some people have slipped on the ice, or some simply have had pain for as long as they can remember. If you want to move better, and be more functional, finding a Panther Physiotherapy clinic may be the right move for you.
Who should seek out physiotherapy?
People from any age can seek out physiotherapy, and it is never too young or too old to have an assessment if struggling with issues. It would even considered smart to seek out a physiotherapist prior to starting an activity for the first time (ie. starting to trial marathon running), to ensure you have the proper programming to prevent injury.
Panther Physiotherapists are members of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and are rehabilitation professionals dedicated to the health, mobility and fitness of all Calgarians. A referral for physiotherapy at Panther is not needed (however your insurance company may require one for coverage). Your Panther Physiotherapist will combine their in-depth knowledge of the human body with specialized clinical skills to assess, diagnosis and treat your symptoms of dysfunction, injury and/or disability.
Panther offers 9 convenient locations across Calgary, Alberta including:
- Country Hills
- Marlborough Mall
- South Fish Creek
- Trico Family Leisure
- Cranston Market
- McKenzie Towne
The specialty clinics available include:
At Panther Sports Medicine, you will have access to a wide variety of treatments including: physiotherapy, massage therapy, pelvic floor therapy, vestibular therapy, sports therapy, knee and shoulder clinics, acupuncture/IMS/Gunn IMS, Pilates shockwave therapy, braces, orthotics, and other health products.
What can I expect from the assessment?
Your physiotherapy assessment will include a detailed history-taking as well as specific physical tests/measures to ensure ruling out of red flags, and ensure you are appropriate for physiotherapy. The assessment findings (such as flexibility, range of motion etc...) will be analyzed and clinical reasoning will establish your physiotherapy diagnosis. Together, you and your therapist will explore both your short and long term goals, current abilities and functional needs so that your therapist can implement a treatment plan supported by the best current evidence available, with the end goal being helping you reach your goals.
What can I expect from the treatment?
- Your treatment can include the following:
Joint mobilization and manipulation to reduce pain and stiffness, and allow you to function and better facilitate your active home program.
- Soft tissue techniques
- Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS) or Gunn Intramuscular Stimulation (GunnIMS)
- Hot/cold packs and other modalities such as ultrasound, electrophysical modalities, shockwave therapy to aid in relieving pain, reducing swelling, facilitating the healing process and ultimately improve motion and function
- Work and occupational re-training and return to work planning if on workers compensation or disability.
- Fitting and prescription of assistive supportive devices/equipment
- Education on the latest research supported by pain science, ergonomics, and active rehabilitation techniques
- Development of a patient specific exercise program to improve range of motion, strength, stability, balance, proprioception and function.
Whether its pain management and rehabilitation from a sprained ankle, or management of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, or osteoarthritis, Panther Physiotherapy can help. Further Questions? Feel free to pop by one of our many locations and discuss your issues with a therapist.
Travis Gaudet MScPT., BScKin., cGIMS., CFST-1., CAFCI